WALK aims to be transparent in all its dealings. To encourage a culture of openness and integrity we publish our audited accounts, our most recent annual reports and any commissioned reports.
WALK operates a 'Triple Lock' system in managing its finances. This means we:
- Are fully compliant with the Governance Code.
- Are signed up to the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising, and
- Have our accounts prepared in adherence to the Standard of Recommended Practice.
As well as completing the triple lock system we undertake the following internal measures to ensure accountability and governance are strong within WALK:
- Regular internal audits in each location to include audits on health and safety, service user finances, person centred planning and clinical systems.
- Annual external accounts audit.
- External review of our financial and HR policies and procedures.
- Audited accounts and annual reports available on our website.
- HIQA inspection reports available on our website.
- Fully complaint with the Charities Regulatory Authority requirements.
- Fully compliant with the Companies Registration Office requirements.
- Protected Disclosures policy.