Whether home for you is living with family, living alone, living with friends, renting a home, purchasing your own or living in and contributing to your chosen community WALK is present with people in the journey and creation of a rich and full life with home at the core.
Our role is to design supports that are based on the needs of each individual. So whether needs are complex or otherwise the starting point is with you. Everyone’s journey is different but the commitment from WALK is based on the same principles of choice, rights and opportunity.
All people are connected in their quest to find that place of comfort, security, happiness and magic that is home.
The focus of WALK's Day Support Service is building a life for each individual which includes new opportunities, establishing friendships and relationships, valued social roles e.g. Employment / volunteer roles and a lifestyle that extends beyond the world of specialist services and paid staff supports.
The Day Support objectives include:
* To support a pathway to living a life of choice - doing ordinary things in ordinary places as independently as possible!
* To empower each individual to make informed choices about how they want to live their life through Person-Centred engagement.
* To explore and evaluate real-world experiences and match these to interests and life goals.
* To facilitate each individual to set ambitious goals and explore how they can achieve these goals. (Mapping goals out as a journey - rather than as an event)
* To support individuals who have limited experiences on a journey of self-discovery, so their expectations and ability to make informed choices will develop as they gain new learning and experiences.
WALK's Day Support Service provides supports in line with New Directions.