At WALK we hugely appreciate the dedication of the people who provide great supports for us through volunteering and working on events that help raise funds for WALK community projects.
We think this website, www.goodcharity.ie is a useful resource to help guide people to through questions about 'what makes a charity good'. We really hope our supporters are confident in the work that we do but if you would like to know any more please feel free to contact Austin/Gale/Sandra on (01) 465 0388.
Here is some information that www.goodcharity.ie helps to address:
Before you decide whether or not to support a charity, you may wish to ask some questions.
We have developed this website to help you ask the right questions, such as:
- What problem is the charity trying to solve?
- Does the charity’s approach to solving that problem make sense?
- What has the charity achieved to date?
- Is the charity signed up to any professional standards?
- Does the charity make information on its finances publicly available?
If you have any questions about a specific charity, contact that organisation directly (you have a right to ask questions about any aspect of its work).Back to blog